Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
I don't understand the "Too Much" concept expressed here or in other threads.

You gotta turn down the horn no matter what. That's just how it works. Unless you are using 5 or 6 woofers, as noted above.

So your are either attenuating thru an L-Pad, series resistor, gain control in an active set-up or a combo of the above. The horn will always receive a lower voltage than the woofer so that the levels match. The reduction of voltage (and thus power) going to the horn is part & parcel of any system. That's 1/2 of what a crossover does.
I think I may have mentioned that once or twice.Talking about the 612C/416B and 1005/288 and the N501-8A the only way I can describe it is it sounded like the volume from the amp was at half power for the Horn/288 and for the woofer at 1/4 of amps volume.With the N501 turned all the way down(shelved) the drivers sounded much more in line.And actually started to sound pretty good,but I no longer had any lee-way in adjustment of the L-pad.But with a dual woofer config.I think I will be able to get the LF and HF more balanced.Which is what I'm trying to do with my new project.
Sorry Mike for any confusion, if it was me,just my experiance with that.
Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
I hate getting old...
I'm starting to learn everyday what it is to get older.I'm not that old but darn I have a new ache and pain somewhere else everyday.


[quote]
Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Marvin View Post
.

This is my first attempt using the 399 and an 805 wood horn, /QUOTE]
Hey Marvin, I will pass long any tips,tricks I learn along the way.As I'm just starting a new build.Good Luck with it.Get settled in.That wood horn you said you are waiting to arrive looks Sweet and I'm curious as to how you will like the sound of it.Nice combo :2thumbsup: